Project Update – 6/26/2020
Last week the contractor continued to make great progress on the rebuilding of Randall and Algonquin Roads.
- 4 concrete lanes were poured for southbound Randall Rd. from Algonquin Rd to Bunker Hill Dr.
- Traffic pattern changes occurred on Polaris Dr. and Crystal Lake Rd. to allow the removal of existing pavement and work to begin on new utilities and pavement, as did the Commercial Dr. access to the Costco/Lowes development. Pavement has been removed at these locations and work has proceeded in preparation for concrete placement.
- Storm sewer installations were completed at Randall Rd. and Bunker Hill Dr. Electrical conduits for street lighting, foundations for the poles and installation of the poles also occurred.
- Work on the retaining wall along the southbound lanes (south of Bunker Hill Dr.) continued with the completion of the pile driving operations and the start of the panel installations and backfilling operations.
- The remainder of the existing pavement was removed and moved to the west end where the contractor will crush it to the required size and then reuse it in the base stone for the new roadway.
- Storm sewer was started and water main relocation began on Monday, June 22, 2020.
- Preparation for the concrete pavement turn lanes and intersections.
- Work on the retaining wall will continue.
- Installation of the street lighting conduits/foundations/poles.
- Prep work for the installation of the second half of the pedestrian tunnel is underway with the tunnel work expected within the next couple of weeks.
- Work on Bunker Hill Dr. and Stonegate Rd. on the west side will continue as well.
As always, thank you for your patience and please be alert for workers and equipment.